Is your community group looking for one or more rooms to use for a special occasion or on a regular basis? Sylvan United Church has rooms available during the week and on weekends, to suit meetings, rehearsals, workshops and other gatherings:
- We make space available to support individuals and families in the important transitions in life as well as meeting the needs of non-profit community groups.
- Our intent is to provide affordable rental rates for the community.
- One-time facility use agreements are calculated in four-hour increments.
- Regular (long-term) bookings can be arranged at a negotiated rate.
- Sylvan United Church reserves the right to restrict rentals to groups or events who do not share an ethos with the United Church of Canada
- Sylvan United Church retains the right to cancel any scheduled facility use up to 48 hours prior to the event, if those facilities are necessary for the church to carry out its ministries.
- A fellowship hall with a small commercial kitchen seating up to 150 for meals presentations and other events. This hall is equipped with a plasma screen, and a comfortable quite corner with couches.
- Individual meeting rooms seating from 15 to 60 people, some with attached preparation areas for coffee and tea.
There is a reasonable letting fee to cover costs of custodians and utilities.
Inquire about letting rooms by phoning Brenda in our church office at 250.743.4659
We have several community groups who use our facilities on a regular basis:
- Cowichan Consort Choir and Orchestra
- Al Anon
- Kerry Park Summer Adventure Camp
- Royal Conservatory of Music examination sessions
- Various local piano and voice teachers
- Church Mice Productions
For more information regarding the sanctuary and/or Narthex click here
For more information regarding the fellowship hall click here
Please contact the church office for information on the availability of our sanctuary and/or hall for events at 250-743-4659. Our office administrator, Brenda Sober will be pleased to help you. You may also send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org